Tuesday, October 14, 2008
Fall Favorites Tag!
Over at "A Pondering Heart", she's doing this fun tag where you can answer what your favorite things are about fall. (Although I originally found this at "Joyfully at Home".) One thing I've enjoyed about living in Kentucky is to see the dramatic difference from summer into fall! So here's some of my favorites.
1. Favorite Smell? The fall wind that greets you when you step outdoors with a slight smell of bonfires!
2. Favorite Food? I love pumpkin, chocolate chip bread and muffins.
3. Favorite Color? A warm red
4. Favorite Drink? Hot tea with cream and sugar or hot chocolate and apple cider. (Hmmm...are you noticing a pattern? Whenever it gets cooler out I love to drink warm drinks.)
5. Favorite Treat? Apple cake.
6. Favorite Place to go? During the fall it's so lovely to go on walks through the woods. The crisp breeze beckons, the leaves crunch under your feet, and you get to see the beauty of God's creation all around you!
7. Favorite Candy? Anything with chocolate. :D
8. Favorite Movie to watch? Pride and Prejudice. (The A&E version.)
9. Favorite Clothing to wear? My long wool skirt and my pea coat.
10. Favorite Outdoor Activity? Raking the leaves into a pile and jumping into them with my youngest brother!
11. Favorite Football Team? Ahem...I don't really keep up with football.
12. Favorite Fall Holiday? Thanksgiving. Several times it's fallen on my birthday so that's really fun.
13. Favorite Haunted place? you know haunted means “frequently visited”? We go over to Southern Seminary a lot. It has quite a few lawns that I love to walk through.
14. Favorite Food at Thanksgiving Dinner? That's hard! I like the turkey, green bean casserole, sweet potato casserole, and rolls.
15. Favorite Pie? Pumpkin or apple.
16. Favorite Fall Hobby? Collecting leaves, knitting something warm, or reading a good book.
17. Favorite Fall Memory? Thanksgiving is my favorite time of fall. The last few thanksgivings we've invited several families over to our house. It's so much fun to have everyone gathered in your house and to hear so many voices. Afterwards we would always go out into the dark back yard and play tag until we got too cold.
18. Favorite Fall Sight? The leaves on the trees turning to different colors.
19. Overall Favorite thing about Fall? Feeling the crispness and coolness in the air it's always exciting to see the change of session's after a hot summer.
20. Overall Favorite Season? Hmmm...I think it's a tie between winter and fall. They're both so beautiful!
P.S. I'd love to hear some of yours if you don't have a blog feel free to post them in the comment section.