Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!


This post is dedicated to my Mom. Mother's Day is a special day when our heart and minds are turned to our Mothers. I am so blessed to have the Mom that I have! Ever since I can remember she has encouraged me to share every hope, love, and passion with her. She is the first person I want to tell when something exciting or disappointing happens to me! I can just look around me when I'm outside my home and see how great my Mom is. She is a true example to me of selflessness, one example of this is that she chooses to homeschool me and my siblings. She teaches us herself and for that I am truly thankful! My Mom has taught me how to love the home and the small everyday things I do in the home. Now I truly enjoy being able to help her by taking on some of the chores that she has taught me how to do. So many times Mommy has kindly pointed out to me how I can do better in my Christian walk. Since she probably knows me better then anyone in my life right now she also knows my shortcomings better then anyone else. At the time I usually don't see her corrections as kind and helpful but as I look back through my life I can now see that I am a much better person because of my Mom and the insight that she has given me. I have seen my Mom interact with her friends and even people that just enter her life for a moment. One thing that has struck me is that she is always so encouraging and friendly! I consider it really stepping outside of my comfort zone to introduce myself to people and carry on a conversation with them so I love to watch how my Mom does it and imitate her. Thanks for being such a great example to me, Mommy! -Victoria

Mommy, I want you to know that I really appreciate all the sacrifices you have made to raise me into a godly man. You have always been there for me in my Christian walk and have, many a time, put me back on track when I have strayed. Though I might have not liked it then I now look back on it as a learning experience I would have been sorry to miss. Your grateful son, Spencer

I love my Mommy! She teaches me schoolwork and she reads to me.
-Andrew

We all hope you have a wonderful, happy Mother's day, Mommy! We love you lots! From, Victoria, Spencer and Andrew

No comments: